Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Marine Biome
Marine Life Location My Biome can be found anywhere
in the Ocean but I'm focusing on the
Atlantic Ocean life. Biotic Organisms Biotic Organsims
Plants Mantee Grass Abiotic Factors Rocks- Rocks make great hiding spaces for fish. Sand- Sand can also make great
hiding spaces for fish. It can store
food. Lemon Shark Dusky Dolphin Tiger Shark Animals Green Sea Turtle Sailfish Biotic describes a living or once
living componet of a community, for example plants and animals. Seaweed Sea lettuce Fire Coral Star Coral Abotic is something that has never
been alive. Water is an abiotic factor. It makes
almost all the living things in the Atlantic
Ocean breathe under water. It also
helps plants grow. Volcanoes- Volcanoes can wipe out all
the living fish around when the volcano
erupts. They can also emit poisonous
gases. Ocean Current- Currents are the oceans
flow. It can affect fish because of the warm and cold flows. Gentoo Penguin Killer Whale Leopard Seal Elephant Seal Squid Cod Krill Zooplankton Phytoplankton Food Web Commercial anglers can over fish for a certain species for an example a cod. Once all the cod is gone the Leopard Seal individuals can either leave, die off, or change their diet. The Cod's prey for example zoo plankton's population can rise, then the other population who feeds on the zoo plankton can benefit. Competition Competition- two individuals can compete for either food, shelter, or land. The sharks are competing for
the food. Predation Predation- the preying
of one animal on others. Leopard Seal grabbing its prey
that the seal has been hunting Parasitism Parasitism- A relationship
between two species in which the parasite benefits from the host which the host is harmed The sea lamprey has been sucking out
the blood from the fish which the sea lamprey benefits and the fish is harmed. Commensalism Commensalism- a relationship between two species where one benefits and the other is unaffected. The shark is unaffected but remoras can get the scraps from the sharks meal. Mutualism A relationship between two different species where both benefits. The Clown Fish can produce a special mucus that can prevent the Sea Anemone not to sting so the Clown Fish can lure larger fish into the anemone and the anemone can kill the fish and the anemone can eat it. In return the anemone can create hiding spaces for the clown fish. Environmental Issues The problem for my biome is drift nets. People are putting drift nets into the
water which makes seals, sea lions, manatees, turtles, and whales get caught in the nets and killing them. We can
stop them by making drift nets illegal
so the endangered animals can get of the list. Fun Facts. :D 1) The Atlantic Ocean is the second
largest ocean and it covers 20% of the globe.
2) The Atlantic Ocean's name refers
to Atlas of Greek mythology.
3) The Bermuda Triangle is located
in the Atlantic Ocean.
4) Amelia Earhart became the first female to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean in 1932.
5) While there are hundreds of thousands of known marine life forms, there are many that are yet to be discovered, some scientists suggest that there could actually be millions of marine life forms out there. Hope you enjoyed my presentation, Thanks for listening, and good luck with yours. Tertiary Consumer Secondary Consumers Primary