Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Leroy Anderson
Born: June 29, 1908
Died: May 18, 1975
He would be
106 years old
if he was still alive!
He was 67
when he died!
All About Leroy's Life
He is an American Composer.
He grew up in Cambridge, Massachusets.
His parents were Swedish Immigrants
His mom was his first piano teacher
He also played the string bass, trombone, tuba, and organ.
He went to Harvard University and studied composition and conducting.
He wrote a lot of music for the Harvard band while he was just a student!
He served in the army during World War II.
He earned the rank of Captain!
He even composed new music while in the army.
He was the first composer to sell over
1 million copies of an "instrumental" piece.
Leroy Anderson likes to use creative
instrumental effects and
sometimes items that
are not usually used
* Sleigh Ride
*Plink, Plank, Plunk
*The Syncopated Clock
Some of His Famous Compositions: