Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
TOURISM PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
Transcript of TOURISM PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
Tourism is a large complicated industry. Every period and every area of a country are directly involved with the tourism business and should be concerned with its successful development.
What is Tourism?
GOALS OF TOURISM DEVELOPMENT
The following are the aim of Tourism Development:
1. Provide a framework for raising the standard of living of the people through the economic benefits of tourism.
2. Develop the infrastructure and provide recreation facilities for touris and local residents.
3. Establish types of development within the tourist centers and reports that are suitable to the purposes of these areas.
4. Provide a development program that is in accordance with the cultural, social, and economic philosophy of the government and the people of the host country or destination.
HINDRANCES TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF SUPPLY
To change potential supply to actual supply,
first obstacle -
is the lack of transportation and access routes to the tourist center.
second obstacle -
is the lack of accommodation.
third obstacle -
the inadequate financing of infrastructure such as water supply, sanitation, and power supply.
is the lack of sufficient number of trained personnel.
Internal obstacles are those found within the destination area that can be corrected or removed by direct or voluntary means.
The first internal obstacle is price fluctuation in general as well as price fluctuations in tourist supply in particular.
The increasing price of tourism has the same effect as the decrease in the income of the potential tourist.
Therefore, when planning a holiday, the tourist will choose a tourist destination where his money will go to the farthest.
Another major obstacle is the lack of effective publicity. Effective publicity is and important means to increase demand.
If publicity is poorly planned or inadequately financed, it will hamper tourist demand development.