Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Introduction to Greek Mythology
Transcript of Introduction to Greek Mythology
Myth: 1. A traditional or legendary story, usually concerning a hero, god, goddess, or demigod 2. an untrue story
1) a long poem about a hero's adventures
or 2) impressive or great
Divine: Holy or godly
Deities: A synonym for gods or goddess; holy people
First, some vocabulary...
Zeus: The king of the Gods
Who were the gods and goddesses?
Hera: Queen of the Gods, Zeus's wife
Hades: God of the underworld
Poseidon: God of the sea
Mount Olympus: A mountain in
Greece and home of the Gods
Where did they live?
Athena: Goddess of wisdom
Aries: God of war
Aphrodite: Goddess of love, mother of
Apollo: God of the Sun
Dionysus: God of grapes and madness and ecstacy
How did they become gods?