Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Mononucleosis
Muscle Aches Additional Symptoms After a Day or Two Swollen Nymph Nodes
Measles-like Skin Rash
Tiny Red Spots or Bruise-like Area Inside Mouth
Soreness in Upper-Left Abdomen, From Enlarged Spleen Mononucleosis is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. It is a communicable disease that is spread through contact with saliva (such as sharing drinking glasses) and mucus from the nose and throat. Treatment Plenty of Rest
Gargle salt water or use throat lozenges for sore throat
Take acetaminophen to reduce fever and relieve a sore throat and headaches
Avoid contact sports and heavy lifting...impact of straining may cause spleen to burst Recovery Rate Most patients recover in 2-4 weeks
In rare cases, there are serious complications, requiring long term treatment in the hospital
In very rare cases, death can happen Source WebMD