Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Walmart
1970s - Walmart expanded nationally
1980s - First Sam's Club opened.
- First Walmart Supercenter opened.
1990 - Nation's number-one retailer. Every Day Low Prices went international.
Vision and Mission
Huge donations to Fighting Hunger Together Program
Reducing our carbon footprint, and we’re working with our suppliers to do the same
Walmart has challenged laundry manufacturers to reduce 25% of the water content in every dose of detergent
- Walmart expanded internationally
Founder of Walmart: Sam Walton
- Great value
- Great customer service
Leadership through service
1950 - Opened a Walton's 5 & 10
Rapid growth of Walmart:
- Low costs
1962 - Opened the first Walmart store
New approaches, technologies and store formats
Capital ownership: Private company
Size: Big company
Economic activity undertaken: Commercial firm
Sector: Tertiary sector
Legal form: corporation
Mintzberg's five basic components of the organization
Board of directors:
The 4 p's
World´s largest retail company.
-250 million customers.
-11 000 retail units in 27 countries.
-ecommerce websites in 10 countries.
R & D
World´s largest company by revenue.
Advertising and Marketing director
Employees: 2,2 million.
Headquarters: Betomville, AR. USA.
#19 Most valuable brand in the world.
"To be the best retailer in the world in the hearts and minds of consumers and employees."
"Saving people money so they can live better."
1. Low cost
2. High quality
3. Shorter lead time
4. Great flexiblity
5. High level of service
Respect for the individual.
Striving for excellence.
Service to our customers, surpassing the expectations of our consumers.
Coordinator, Risk taker, Innovator, Alertness
1. The powerful retailer.
2. Competence in information systems.
3. Wide range of products.
4. Cost leadership strategy.
5. International operations.
1. High employee turnover.
2. Little differentiation.
3. Negative publicity.
4. The company is global, but has a presence in relatively few countries Worldwide.
1. Retail market growth in emerging markets.
2. Trend toward healthy food.
3. Online retail market.
4. To form strategic alliances with other global retailers, focusing on specific markets.
1. Rising commodity product prices.
2. Increasing competition.
3. Increasing resistance from local communities.
4. Walmart is exposed to political problems in the countries it operates in.
Revenue: 483,79 Billion $
Gross Income: 118,23 Billion $
EBITDA: 35,7 Billion $
Net Income: 15,8 Billion $
Share price:84,96 $
Market Cap: 247,9 Billion $
Private fleet of trucks.
9 Distribution centers for emergencies.
Warehouses strategically located.
The 4 c's
Ten keys to success
1. Commit to your business
2. Share your profits with all your associates and treat them as partners
3.Motivate your partners
4. Communicate everything you possibly can to your partners
5. Appreciate everything your associates do for the business
6.Celebrate your success
7. Listen to everyone in your company
8. Exceed your customer's expectations
9. Control your expenses better than your competition
10. Swim upstream
¨We provide people with the skills and resources they need to open the door to opportunity and a better life¨.
Last year, we hired about 190,000 U.S. associates, 51% of our new hires were women and 49% were people of color.
In 2014, we added more than 32,000 U.S. military veterans within the first eight months of the year.