Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Progressive Era Politics
Transcript of Progressive Era Politics
How did Teddy Roosevelt use the power of the presidency to regulate big business and laws to protect public health and the environment?
"There would be meat that had tumbled out on the floor, in the dirt and sawdust, where the workers had tramped and spit uncounted billions of consumption (tuberculosis) germs. There would be meat stored in great piles in rooms...and thousands of rats would race about on it... A man could run his hand over these piles of meat and sweep off handfuls of the dried dung of rats. These rats were nuisances, and the packers would put poisoned bread out for them; they would die, and then rats, bread, and meat would go in to the hoppers together"
- The Jungle (Upton Sinclair--> Muckraker)
Meat Inspection Act
Pure Food and Drug Act
William H. Taft (1909-1913)
How did William Taft show he was more progressive than his critics believed?
Teddy TOO Progressive
Bull Moose (Progressive) Party
Woodrow Wilson (1913-1921)
What were the progressive reforms of Woodrow Wilson’s presidency?
Clayton Anti-Trust Act
Federal Reserve Act