Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Crime in the late 1800s
Transcript of Crime in the late 1800s
and Rape Common Punishments Common Crimes Hangings were extremely common for those convicted of crimes.
Jail was also very common.
A fine or fee was a less severe punishment.
Lynching was common among African Americans. How Did They Control It?? How did police and government officials control
the skyrocketing rate of crime? Uniformed police patrolled the streets to prevent crime, to interrupt crimes in progress, and to apprehend criminals.
In the 1990s, the police adopted proactive policing strategies in which police initiate action instead of waiting for calls. A Common Punishment In The 1800s Cartoon Time!!! Cartoon is about two great crimes: Big businesses cheating workers and Deportation for no reason. Who???? People from all over committed crimes. Rich and
poor, American and European all committed
crimes. Rich people scammed the poor people.
Poor people stole from each other. Bibliography http://www.ochs.org/CrimeAndPunishment.htm