Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
To Kill a Monckingbird
Transcript of To Kill a Monckingbird
The Great Depression
*Was a severe world wide economic depression in the decade preceding world war II.
*It was the longest, deepest and must widespread depression on the 20Th centurie.
*In the great depression, cities all around the world were hit.
*The Great Depression had devastating effects in rich and poor countries.
Civil Right Movement
It was a social movement in the United States whose goals was to end racial segregation and discrimination against black Americans.
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD
By Harper Lee
Colegio Valle Verde #6,15,17,24
Language Arts Daniela D, Antonio P, Juan Andres R, Alexandra V.
Cynthia de Del Cid 10th "C"
Harper Lee Background.
* It takes place in Maycomb, Alabama.
* It´s in 1930 during the great depression
and the civil rights movements.
* There´s a family composed of 3 members
* There are also secondry important characters
4 years younger than Jem, her brother
``I was born good but had grown progressively worse every year.´´
``Atticus had said it was the polite thing talk to people about what they were interested in, not about what you were interested in.´´
``Well if we came out durin´ The Old Testament it ´s too longgo to matter.´´
Compare and Contrast
jem is 4 years older than Scout.
They are both adventurous.
They care for each other.
They are very close and have a good relationship.
Jem is mature and Scout its childish
Jem and Scout heard a noise, they were being followed. They started running for their lives when Mr.Ewell grabbed Scout, Jem yanked Bob and then Bob grabbed Jem by the arm and Jem stabbed Mr. Ewell and he fell
° Miss Caroline asks Scout to read the
* Scout explains her that Walter is a Cunningham.
Tom Robison's Trial
Jem, Dill, and Scout sneak into Boo Radley's house
Scout's argumet with Miss Caroline
* They go to the backyard to see if they can see Boo Radley.
* Jem goes and searchs for another window.
* Nathan Radley shot his gun to the air and the kids started running.
* Jem looses his pants and returns later on to see if he can find them.
Calpurnia and the boys go to church
* Atticus left them for two weeks.
* Jem and Scout can't go to their church because of their reputation.
* Calpurnia prepares everything so they look nicely.
* Calpurnia gets in a fight
Jem and Scout go to search for Atticus
* Jem wanted to go for a walk, so Scout and Dill
decide to go with him.
* They arrived and saw Atticus surrounded by men trying to get Tom Robbinson.
*Scout arrives and she talks to Mr.Cunningham
KEY tHEME: rACISM
tom robinson's trial and sentence
A belief that a race is superior than another.
Boo went inside his house and Scout never Saw him Again
scout, just by standing in the Radley's porch is able to understand BOO.
Scout escorts Mr. Arthur to his house
Boo Radley carries Jem to Atticus house
Aunt Alexandra Calls Dr. Reynolds
Atticus and Heck Tate are discussing what happened to Bob Ewell
Heck is protecting jem and boo, he is trying to convince Atticus that BOb fell into the knife and killed himself.
Atticus knows Jem killed Bob and he wants to take the case to court.
finally Atticus gave up, and Heck is going to say Bob Ewell killed himself.
Mr. GiLMer is defending Bob Ewell.
Atticus proves that Mayella was beaten up by a left handed person.
tOM'S LEFT ARM WAS OF NO USE
MR. EWELL WAS LEFT HANDED, HE HAD CLEARLY BEATEN UP MAYELLA BUT SINCE TOM WAS A BLACK MAN HE WAS CONVICTED AND SENTENCED GUILTY.
JAUNT FROM THE WORLD OF MAYCOM
"ITS A SIN TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, THEY DO NOTHING BUT SING TO US." - ATTICUS
THE MOCKING BIRD REPRESENTS PEACE
MRS.DUBOUSE addiction TO MORPHINE
ATTICUS DEFENDING TOM ROBINSON
DESPITE THE FACT THAT THE NEIGHBORS didn't AGREE
ATTICUS DEFENDING TOM FROM A MOB AT JAIL
MR.CUNNINGHAM VOTED THAT TOM WAS NOT
TOM WAS SENT TO JAIL, HE LOST HOPE AND HE TRIED TO RAN AWAY, THEY SHOT HIM.
WHEN THE TRIAL ENEDED, MR.EWELL THREATENED TO KILL ATTICUS
ATTICUS AND JEM HAD A DISSCUSION ABOUT TOM'S sentence
*Harper lee was born on April 28, 1926 in Monroe ville, Alabama.
* Both father, Scout´s and Harper´s were lawyer.
*Her mother suffer metal illness.
*They both (Scout and Jem) were tomboys.
*Grow up in a small town.
*1959 she finished the manuscript To Kill A Mockingbird
*In high school she developed an interest in English literature.
*She was 34 years old when her novel was published.
The movement was characterized by major campaigns of civil resistance.