Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Writing Center Orientation
Transcript of Writing Center Orientation
Typically, online submissions have a 24-48 hour response time. Plan ahead and provide time for unforeseen delays: i.e. midterms or finals.
English 1301, 1302, & 2311 require at least a 30-minute session to receive a Writing Center stamp.
Up to 50 minutes†
Walk-ins are welcome
Session Summary Forms‡
IMPORTANT: Know your student ID number.
Know your class name.
Ex. ENGL 1301
Ex. ENGL 2311
Ex. HIST 1301
Actively participate in tutoring session.
Revise and edit own work.
Ultimately you make the final decisions about your paper and accept full responsibility for your final grade.
THE WRITING CONSULTANTS
WHAT WE CAN HELP WITH!
Full Time Staff
THANK YOU DUSTDEVILS!
CONNECT WITH US!
TEXAS A&M INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Printer/Go Print station
APA, MLA, and Chicago style guides
Dictionaries and Thesauruses
A quiet place to study and work
LOCATION & TIMES OF SERVICES
Dr. Billy F. Cowart Hall
Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs: 8:00 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
Fri: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Sun: 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Call to verify
For prompt service, please submit appointment request 24 hours in advance.
Consultants have experience in a variety of disciplines from English, Math, History, Engineering, and more!
Trained to help students become better, independent writers.
Provides readers with fun and insightful writings: comics, puzzles, Sudoku, writing tips, short stories, and poetry.
WHO WANTS FREE CANDY?
1. What do you NEED to know to visit the Writing Center?
Student ID & Class name
2. In which building is the Writing Center located?
Dr. Billy F. Cowart Hall
3. You must have an appointment to see a consultant. True or False?
False, Students with appointments have priority but walk-ins are welcome!
4. English 1301 or 1302 classes require at least a 30 minute session. True or False?
5. What can writing consultants help you with?
Brainstorm, outline, logic, audience/purpose, focus/thesis, organization, development, introduction, conclusion.
SI Academic Advisor
Rebecca R. Soto