Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Writing Center Orientation
Transcript of Writing Center Orientation
Typically, online submissions have a 24-72 hour response time. Plan ahead and provide time for unforeseen delays: i.e. midterms or finals.
Walk-ins are welcome
All sessions are 20-40 minutes (up to twice a day with an hour between sessions)
Session Summary Forms‡
IMPORTANT: Know your student ID number.
Know your class name.
Ex. ENGL 1301
Ex. ENGL 2311
Ex. HIST 1301
Have a copy of your paper
Actively participate in tutoring session.
Revise and edit own work.
Ultimately you make the final decisions about your paper and accept full responsibility for your final grade.
THE WRITING CONSULTANTS
WHAT WE CAN HELP WITH!
Full Time Staff
THANK YOU DUSTDEVILS!
CONNECT WITH US!
TEXAS A&M INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Printer/Go Print station
APA, MLA, APSA and Chicago style guides
Dictionaries and Thesauruses
Grammar and essay-specific Handouts
LOCATION & TIMES OF SERVICES
Dr. Billy F. Cowart Hall
Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs: 8:00 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
Fri: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Sun: 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Call to verify
For prompt service, please submit appointment request 24 hours in advance.
Call us: 956-326-2884
Visit us online: tamiu.edu/uc/writingcenter
Consultants have experience in a variety of disciplines from English, Art, Education, Engineering, Psychology and more!
Trained to help students become better, independent writers.
Written by our tutors, the Writers' Forum presents fun and insightful writing, writing tips and features about different events and opportunities here at TAMIU.
WHO WANTS FREE CANDY?
1. What do you NEED to know to visit the Writing Center?
Student ID & Class name
2. In which building is the Writing Center located?
Dr. Billy F. Cowart Hall
3. You must have an appointment to see a consultant. True or False?
False, Students with appointments have priority but walk-ins are welcome!
4. English 1301 or 1302 classes require at least a 30 minute session. True or False?
5. What can writing consultants help you with?
Brainstorm, outline, logic, audience/purpose, focus/thesis, organization, development, introduction, conclusion.
The Writing Center's creative magazine, featuring locally submitted art, short stories and poetry. Submissions start Sept.1 and are open to all!
Adminstrative Associate V
NEW STUDY LOUNGE
Quiet study area
Comfortable waiting area