Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
EDUC Technology Presentation
Transcript of EDUC Technology Presentation
-Why is it important for schools to use technology as part of their practices? Media Education: 1. Students will understand the impact of technology in education. An essential tool to help kids gain media literacy. 2. Students will identify how and when to use technologies effectively in the classroom and explain when using technology works. 3. Students will learn to build strategies for using technology to improve teaching and how to keep up with the fast paced nature of technology The Text Book
-“Swimming in the sea of technology”
-Living in the Information Age
-A Demand to keep up with technology in the classroom
-Lets take a look at the facts Teachers are lifeguards as their students swim in an ocean of information.
B&P p. 158 Or as B&P put it: Help students become self-sustaining seekers and users of information sources.
Students will identify the major security threats of using the internet.
Students will learn how to create and produce their own media.
Students will examine and investigate media issues and influences.
Students will distinguish what proper netiquette is. Media Literacy: It is the ability to access, analyze, evaluate and produce media. We want active consumers of media.
Students need to differentiate between media and the real world. Media Literacy is not about having the right answers, it is about asking the right questions. CRAAP … A handy tool! Currency
Purpose Teachers Tool Belt: The most common uses of technology for teachers are: Communications
Reporting Technology can be used in any subject as long as it is used properly. Digital Citizenship
-Teachers need to teach students the importance between “information rich & information poor” as students learn the ability to access, retrieve and use information.
-Digital Citizenship can be defined as the norms of appropriate, responsible behavior with regard to technology use.
-9 elements to help guide students to appropriate and responsible use of technology Digital Citizenship
1. Digital Access
2. Digital Commerce
3. Digital Communication
4. Digital Literacy
5. Digital Etiquette
6. Digital Law
7. Digital Rights & Responsibilities
8. Digital Health & Wellness
9. Digital Security (self-protection): Entrance & Exit Passes Entrance and exit passes are a great way to engage students with technology and is a great way to assess where your students are. Flipped Classrooms A flipped classroom is the idea of teaching the concepts (through media not during class) and applying the concepts (we use to call this homework) in class. ICT's & Program of Studies Love & embrace our framework... B.Y.O.D. http://education.alberta.ca/media/6749210/byod%20guide%20revised%202012-09-05.pdf Affordable?
Manageable? Ideas for Collaboration & Sharing ? colleagues
web 2.0 applications: http://weebly.com Copyright... guidelines & policies http://www.cmec.ca/Publications/Lists/Publications/Attachements/12/copyrightmatters.pdf http://www.2learn.ca/ydp Copyright Matters - Some Key Questions & Answers
For Teachers Your Digital Presence http://creativecommons.org/ Creative Commons Assisted Technology: Definition: Any type of device that aids an individual with learning... input/output - expression
integration - concepts & linking
cognitive - reason & remembering
dyscalculia - math
dysgraphia - written
dyslexia - multiple
ADD/ADAH Which is the most common disability in the classroom? hint: p,b,q,d http://www.polleverywhere.com Cell phones ready? Thanks for your time! Cell Phones out! What are the pros and cons of technology in the classroom? Group and share How are we going to build strategies to: 1) improve curriculum using technology?
2) keep current with our use of technology? ICT's
assisted technology Let' discuss: