Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Reality of schools
Transcript of Reality of schools
CONTEXTS School is a machine What's possible
as a teacher? Policy regime Curriculum policy Assessment policy School funding policy Accountability Performativity What's your aspiration
for being a teacher? I shall call an apparatus literally anything that has in some way the capacity to capture, orient, determine, intercept, model, control, or secure the gestures, behaviors, opinions, or discourses of living beings. (Agamben, 2009; p. 14) developing better explanations for the persistent
nature of educational inequality in Australia, especially
related to social class (and/or poverty), and the impacts
of racism and cultural difference.
also concerned with how schools and teachers might
actually improve educational outcomes for those
communities that have historically not been well
served by schooling RESEARCH Teaching for justice Redesigning