Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
St. Lawrence/Great Lakes
Transcript of St. Lawrence/Great Lakes
- Contains fertile plateaus, and river valleys
- Made up of different mountain ranges, old mountains
- Formed 300 000 000 years ago
- Erosion reduced sharp peaks into mountains and hills http://www.ontarioexplorer.com/Divenet/GreatLakes.html Climate - The climate is essentially humid because presence of Great Lakes
- Great Lakes also tend to cool the temperature during summer
- Winter ~ Cool to Cold
Summer ~ Warm to Hot Vegetation dfghdfg - The Great Lakes consist of Forests
- deciduous and conifers
- Very fertile soil Where is it?
-The Great Lakes region is in south eastern Ontario
-The Saint Lawrence lowlands region is in south
eastern Quebec Extra Facts -some of the Crops grown here include cherries, peaches, tobacco, grapes, apples, and hay
-it is the smallest geographical region in Canada
-Niagara Falls is located inside this region
-It contains the oldest city in Canada, Quebec city which was founded in 1608 Bibliography "The Great Lakes/st.lawrence Lowlands." N.p., n.d. Web. 01 Oct. 2012. <http://partner.galileo.org/schools/gibson/canada/student_work/st_lawrence/group2/background.htm>. "Great Lakes." Great Lakes. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 Oct. 2012. <http://www.ontarioexplorer.com/Divenet/GreatLakes.html>. http://www.niagarafallslive.com/images/img0033.jpg Niagara Falls http://www.niagarafallslive.com/photos_of_niagara_falls.htm "Photos of Niagara Falls." Photos of Niagara Falls. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 Oct. 2012. <http://www.niagarafallslive.com/photos_of_niagara_falls.htm>. St. Lawrence River http://byways.org/explore/byways/2488/travel.html?map=St_Lawrence_River_Section http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/media/8209L-international-bridge-st-lawrence-river.jpg St. Lawrence River "St Lawrence Islands National Park." - The Canadian Encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Oct. 2012. <http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/articles/st-lawrence-islands-national-park>.