Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of E-learning
Timeline of the Historical Background
Forms of E-Learning
(cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr
E-Learning is a term that refers to any form of learning and teaching that is supported by electronic means.
Will you as a teacher use learning platform?
learning platforms & SLA
(cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr
Web Based Learning
Computer Based Learning
educational content on medium
advancement of CBT
educational content on server
communication via mails, chats, forum entries, podcast
communication - learner/learner, learner/lecturer, lecturer/lecturer
mobile, asynchronous& synchronous
asynchronous & synchronous
via internet - phone service/ webcam
sittings - stored/ restored
"to blend" = mixed/ combined together
face to face learning + WBT
blending the advantages
communication in class/ outside the classroom
direct and spontaneous
earning environment (acronym)
“to moodle (around)”
software – producing internet-based courses/ web-sites
Australia/ Perth, developed by Martin Dougiamas
Australia – distance education
creating an environment for learn offers
communication/cooperation - leading part
distance study courses
Isaac Pitman (1813 - 1897)
Sidney Pressey (1888–1979)
Pressey Testing Machine
M.E. LaZerte (1885-1975)
invents the "Problem Cylinder"
Distance study courses emerge and rise in importance
first mechanical teaching devices
Important changes and development in the psychological and pedagogical discourses
B.F. Skinner (1904-1990)
Influential theorist of behaviorist
Jean Piaget (1885-1975)
One of the key figures in the development of constructivism
E-Learning develops from simple PC Programs to complex Virtual Learning Environments
IBM PC Model 5150
Blackbord LMS, 1990s
Moodle-based Wordwise Platform, 2012
• Manage users, roles, courses, instructors, facilities, and generate reports
• Learning Path
• Student messaging and notifications
• Assessment and testing handling before and after testing
• Display scores and transcripts
• Grading of coursework and roster processing, including wait listing
• Web-based or blended course delivery
Characteristics more specific to corporate learning, which sometimes includes franchisees or other business partners, include:
• Auto enrollment (enrolling Students in courses when required according to
predefined criteria, such as job title or work location)
• Manager enrollment and approval
• Boolean definitions for prerequisites or equivalencies
• Integration with performance tracking and management systems
• Planning tools to identify skill gaps at departmental and individual level
• Curriculum, required and elective training requirements at an individual and
• Grouping students according to demographic units (geographic region, product line,
business size, etc.)
• Assign corporate and partner employees to more than one job title at more than one
business size, etc.
communication outside the classroom
1930s - 1960s
1970s - 2010s
Andrews, Richard and Haythornewaite, Caroline: "E-Learning Theory and Practice". Los Angeles: Sage, 2011.
Hunka, Stephen M. and Buck, George H.: “The Rise and Fall of CAl at the University of Alberta's Faculty of Education”, <http://www.quasar.ualberta.ca/edmedia/readingsnc/Hunkabuck.pdf>, visited on June 19 , 2012.
"Landesakademie für Fortbilung und Personalentwicklung an Schulen" <http:<//lehrerfortbildung-bw.de/elearning/formen/>, June 15 2012
McNeil, Sara: "A Hypertext History of Instructional Design", <http://faculty.coe.uh.edu/smcneil/cuin6373/idhistory/index.html>, visited on June 19, 2012.
Arnold, Patricia et al.: "Handbuch E-Learning. Lehren und Lernen mit digitalen Medien", Bielefeld: WBV, 2011.s.ac.id/2009/04/06/facilitating-language-learning-with-lms-a-brief-review-on-blackboard-and-moodle/> visited on June 16, 2012
J. Stanford: "Moodle 1.9 for Second Language Teaching"
IMP log of the first message ever sent via the ARPANET
the logical map of the ARPANET
Launch of the first operational packet switching network | Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET)