Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The American Civil War
Transcript of The American Civil War
Turning point of the war
Had the most casualties of the war
South never recovered from the defeat Surrender at Appomattox Courthouse
After one final battle, Lee determines that there is no hope for the South.
On April 9, 1865, Gen. Lee surrenders the Army of Northern Virgina to Gen. Grant of the Union Army.
Gen. Grant agrees to very lenient terms in which the Confederate soldiers will not be arrested of prosecuted and will be allowed to keep their horses and mules so they can return to work on their farms.
Union forces salute the Confederate soldiers as they turn in their weapons.
This ends the bloodiest conflict on U.S soil