Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Pennies Pennies Everywhere
Transcript of Pennies Pennies Everywhere
People are saying we should ditch the penny because it cost about 2 times the face value.
The first penny WAS MADE IN 1793
THE PENNY IS MADE OF 97% ZINC
AND 3% COPPER
IT COST 1.83 cents TO MAKE
IN 2010 THEY CHANGED THE BACK OF THE PENNY TO A UNION SHIELD
IN 1943 TO 1945 PENNIES WERE MADE OF STEEL
PEOPLE WANT THE PENNY OUT
alot of people want the to ditch the penny.
most say that prices will go up. others say you are trading in one bad coin to another.
The penny cost 1.83 cents to make a penny.It cost more than a 11 cents to make a nickel.
links to the websites
some PEOPLE SAY PENNIES ARE WORTHLESS. COSTING 1.83 CENTS EACH TO MANUFACTURE , THE U.S.A. IS LOSING ON AVERAGE 58,000,000 DOLLARS A YEAR.IT IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THE U.S.A. WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING RID OF A COIN.IN 1857 THEY GOT RID OF THE HALF-CENT.
THE PRICE OF ITEMS WOULD INCREASE. IF WE GET RID OF PENNY WE ARE TRADING ONE BAD COIN FOR ANOTHER.
we want to keep the penny