Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MEMORY - PART 2
Transcript of MEMORY - PART 2
RECALL - direct retrieval of facts or information
RECOGNITION - recognizing the answer from choices. Retrieval cues come into play.
Prosopagnosia- Cool Psychologist- YouTube
1. ELABORATIVE PROCESSING -connections w. existing knowledge.
2. Select only the most important concepts to memorize.
3. Use chunking.
4. Establish meaning.
5. Use retrieval cues
6. Study beyond mastery - over learn.
7. Alternate short study sessions w. brief rest periods.
State Dependent Learning - the bodily state that exists during learning can also be a strong retrieval cue for later memory.
Retrograde Amnesia - forgetting events that occurred before the injury or trauma.
Anterior grade Amnesia - forgetting events that occurred after the injury or trauma.
1. Recitation - summarize aloud while learning
3. Strategies to aid recall- planned memory searches
4. Extend how long you remember
5. Lack of sleep and hunger decreases retention
6. Mnemonics - mental pictures/ associations
7. Mental Walk
IMPLICIT MEMORY - A memory that is non- conscious - Not known to exist.
EXPLICIT MEMORY - A memory from past experiences that is consciously brought to mind.
PRIMING - facilitating the retrieval of an implicit memory by using cues to activate hidden memories
Priming - Deeper Meaning 14 - Michael Shermer 2:11
Psychological Priming Anonymous Vendetta 69 6:17
Sheldon's Eidetic Memory Sunny Stuff 1:04
Super Eidetic Memory- Artist Draws 7,000 building Hong Kong Panorama from Memory 1:09
50 First Dates- Anterograde Amnesia Claudia Choi 3:49
Woman Remembers Everything G.J.V. R. 4: 28
The Ebbinghaus Curve is also known as the forgetting curve.
Memory Traces - physical changes in nerve cells or brain activity that take place when memories are stored.
Pot Smoking: Is Twilight Memory Real? D News
Proof Marijuana Ruins Your Memory..Think Tank
Inside the Mind of Perception - Episode 3 Anterograde Amnesia- Dr. David Eagleman - Perception TNT