Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Fair Trade
- Fair Trade Canada Fair Trade and Free Trade You may be wondering what the difference is between Fair Trade an Free Trade is. Well they have similar names, but they are very different. (cc) photo by medhead on Flickr Compare (cc) image by anemoneprojectors on Flickr Fair Trade Free Trade Is a social movement . Government policy Helps producers in developing countries to make trading easy and better. Can't discriminate against imports and cant interfere with exports. chocolate
fruit Fair Trade ensures the farmers behind the products get a better deal for all the hard work and time they do to produce them ...
Sound like a deal to me! People are concerned that the money is not all going to the farmers.
It creates pollution when products are being being shipped.
Parents are sending their kids to work for more money for the family Thank You By Emily Gray Fair Trade Apple Discussion Questions Why do you think that people would criticize fair trade? What do you think Fair Trade could do to be better known? Buying Fair Trade will help families: put kids back in school Do you think that Fair Trade is better quality than other makes of the same goods? Why? Provide food for the WHOLE family Provide shelter Provide health care Do Something. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Oct. 2012. <http://www.dosomething.org/
Fair Trade Canada. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Oct. 2012. <http://fairtrade.ca/>.
Gordon, Doug, Jack McFadden, and Jeniffer Watt. Civics Now. Canada: Nelson,
Planet Bean. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Oct. 2012. <http://www.planetbeancoffee.com/
The No-nonsence Guide to Fair Trade. Oxford: New International
Publications Ltd., 2001. Print.
Whats Wrong with Fair Trade. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Oct. 2012.
Young, Mitchell, ed. Opposing Viewpoints Series. New York: Greenhaven press,
http://www.fair-trade-hub.com/disadvantages-for-fair-trade.html How Does Fair Trade Relate to Civics? Human Dignity and Respect The workers are being paid fairly for the work they do. Good Things About Fair Trade Gives small farmers a chance to make money
The farmers are protected under the Fair Trade logo
Not to mention that the products are really yummy! None of the bad things said about Fair Trade have been proven true. Fair Trade is an organized social movement that aims to help producers in developing countries make better trading conditions and promote sustainability.