Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Impact Measurement - A conceptual framework
Transcript of Impact Measurement - A conceptual framework
A meta-framework approach
2012 © Karl H Richter
- social credentials
- funding / tax relief
- capital allocation
Reason for measurement
Must be useful at "grass-roots"
Who is measuring whom?
Socio-economic or GDP benefit
Reporting & feedback
Guardians of civic values
Gov & funders
Church & religious groups
Press & media
Self assessment for internal decision making
Identify vested interests
What are the
of inaction ?
(...or relative improvement)
Special thanks for their contributions to:
Sara Zalin, Marie Bouchard via Nicole Alix, Indy Johar
Type of measurement
(Taxonomies & Nomenclature)
A "Basket of Measures"
Site visit, observations
What beneficiary groups you are serving
... & what you are doing for them
Did you do what you said you would do ?
... & who checked ?
Social Enterprise Mark
€ / £ / $ / ¥
1) Have deliberate social objectives been
specified at the outset?
Say what you will do.
2) Are measurement systems in place to record
whether those objectives have been achieved?
Do what you say you will do.
3) Are results evidence-based and independently verifiable?
Have transparent, objective and unambiguous measurement.
4) Are results linked to incentives for the organisation and/or staff?
Have rewards driven by outcomes (Payment by Results).
5) Is there a mechanism for learning lessons and continuous improvement?
Have feedback loops to improve quality and best practice.
Edited from "Making Good in Social Impact Investment"
2011 Evenett Richter
What is your plan of
What are you trying to achieve?
How will you know when you've succeeded?
Emerging standards of classification
Fiscal / non-fiscal
Emotional & emotive
... select suitable metrics based on the "Why" & "How"
We need an adaptable
& inclusive approach :
A "Basket of Measures" that can accommodate diversity
ownership & distribution
Set expectations of measurement
Inform degree of rigour required