Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Investigatory Project: Coal as Shoe Shine
Transcript of Investigatory Project: Coal as Shoe Shine
Statement of the Problem
1. What are the characteristics of a coal and oil that enables it to be an alternative shoe polish?
2. How shoe polish out of coal and oil differ from commercialized shoe polish in terms of: texture, odor, luminance and Span of use?
3. How long does this alternative shoe polish last?
polish, shine, waterproof, and restore
the appearance of leather shoes or boots thereby
extending the footwear’s life
. Shoe polishes have different colors like brown but the most common is the color black. Shoe polish is usually
, can be
, and if misused, it can
The researcher think of an idea that can combine in his/ her research, based on its characteristics that can be the main source or ingredients of shoe polish. Based on his/ her study, he/she
discovered the most common characteristic of shoe polish that can be found in a
so the researcher made a shoe polish made from charcoal, because charcoal is dark gray or black color that is one of the characteristic of shoe polish.
We, therefore, conclude that using a pulverized charcoal in the production of an alternative shoe polish did not make any significant difference or great impact on the effects of the commercialized shoe polish. The addition of cooking oil increased the effect to the luminance of the shoe polish when it’s applied. Indeed, it lowered the costs of the production of the shoe polish.
1. We believe that the characteristics enables the alternative output to be use effectively like the commercialized shoe polish was the oil.
1. This project aims to provide an alternative shoe polish that is inexpensive and easy to make.
2. It aims to teach people on how to be frugal and use their creativity to produce an alternative that can address their needs.
3. And also to bring the common objective of a shoe polish and that is to provide smoothness for everyone’s shoes.
Shoe Shine out of Coal
- Shoeshine is a waxy paste, cream, or liquid used to polish, shine, and waterproof leather shoes or boots to extend the footwear's life, and restore, maintain and improve their appearance.
- Formulating a Hypothesis helps by defining an initial explanation to be tested in the research process.
Preparing the Materials
- The most difficult and also the most important part of making a presentation is actually getting started.
- To try or test, especially in order to discover or prove something.
Conducting a test / survey
-Is the process of evaluating consumer response to an idea before introducing a product to market. Concept testing identifies perceptions, wants and needs of a product or service.
- conclusion is the last part of something or an opinion reached after some thought.
Presenting the Results
-Information gathering refers to gathering information about the issue you’re facing and the ways other organizations and communities have addressed it. The more information you have about the issue itself and the ways it has been approached, the more likely you are to be able to devise an effective program or intervention of your own.
-The process of evaluating data using analytical and logical reasoning to examine each component of the data provided. This form of analysis is just one of the many steps that must be completed when conducting a research experiment
Analysis of Gathered Data
-The Results section is a summary of the experimental outcome of the study.
-Results should include a concise verbal description of the outcome as well as tables and figures, showing statistical results and experimental error.
-An argument in support or justification of something.
2. We think that the alternative shoe polish is a high glossy type of shoe polish.
3. We think alternative shoe polish is the same with commercialized one that both will last just for a few days
1. Pulverize the charcoal through the use of mortar and pestle. Make sure it is totally grinded. Then, place it in a basin. (Atleast 5 tbsp grinded charcoal)
2. Pre-heat a pot into a gas stove. Place the candle wax into it. When entirely melted, mix the powdered soap in the wax. Stir it continuously.
3. When both of the content is already melted, remove it from the stove and pour into the basin where the grinded charcoal is located.
4. Stir it thoroughly until all contents are entirely mixed up together.
5. Let it cool for 15 mins.
Figure 4.1 Scale of percentage in terms of Texture
Presentation of Data
Figure 4.2 Scale of percentage in terms of Odour
Figure 4.3 Scale of percentage in terms of Luminance
Figure 4.4 Scale of percentage in terms of Span of Use
We recommend to the next researcher to do more research and further study to improve the quality of the shoe polish. Make sure that the coal you used was pulverized for a better and smoother texture.
3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp candle wax
1 tbsp powdered soap
Mortar and pestle