Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Lesson 2 - The Scale of the Universe
Transcript of Lesson 2 - The Scale of the Universe
probably say the moon
is about this far away... So imagine how far away the other planets are, let alone other stars and galaxies. But this leads to the question... How is it that we can measure distances to other stars and astronomical objects when we can't actually travel to them? We use Light sabres So in order to understand how the Universe works, we need to first understand that wonderful thing that is light LIGHT IS OFTEN THOUGHT OF AS A WAVE, SO LET'S LOOK AT WHAT SOME OF THE CHARACTERISTICS OF WAVES ARE... LIGHT AS A WAVE A WAVE IS THE TRANSFER OF MATTER OR ENERGY FROM ONE POSITION TO ANOTHER. IT CAN BE A PERIODIC THING OR JUST A ONCE OFF EVENT BUT MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, IT TENDS TO BE REPETITIVE AND SO WE CAN ANALYSE THESE WAVES WHAT IS A WAVE?