Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of American
1775 - 1783
The main reason the colonies started rebelling against 'mother England' was the taxation issue and the need to smuggle goods. The colonies debated England's legal power to tax them and, furthermore, did not wish to be taxed without representation. This was one of the causes of the Revolutionary War.
"The shot heard around the World"
Boston Tea Party
"taxation without representation"
The Intolerable Acts was the American
Patriots' name for a series of punitive laws passed by the British Parliament in 1774
after the Boston Tea party. They were
meant to punish the Massachusetts
colonists for their defiance in throwing
a large tea shipment into Boston harbor.
The Boston Tea Party (initially referred to
by John Adams as "the Destruction of the
Tea in Boston") was a political protest by
the Sons of Liberty in Boston, on
December 16, 1773
Timeline of American Revolutionary War
"Give me Liberty or Give me Death"