Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What can Businesses Learn from Text Mining?
Transcript of What can Businesses Learn from Text Mining?
Md. Manirul Islam
Kazi Hirok Al-Arafat,
Case Overview & Examples
Questions & Answers
Division of Content
1. Case overview & Examples of business uses of text mining
2. Answering the questions
The discovery of patterns & relationships from large sets of unstructured data
What is text mining?
What are the uses?
JetBlue airways : extracting data from complaint mail
Determining the interest in a certain product
Determining possibility of return visit from feedback : Choice Hotels
Q1. What challenges does the increase in unstructured data present for businesses?
Data not readily usable
Patterns or relationships not recognizable directly
Q2. How does text mining improve decision making?
Thoroughly detailed data sources
Fast & accurate analysis
Q3. What kinds of companies are most likely to benefit
from text mining software?
Consumer goods companies
Hotels & resorts
Q4. In what ways could text mining potentially lead to
the erosion of personal information privacy?
Profiling without consent
Manipulative actions by users of the information