Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of edith flanigen
Edith was born in Buffalo New York. While attending private Catholic High School, Holy Angels Academy, Flanigen was first introduced to chemistry. She went to D'Youville College where she majored in chemistry. Edith Flanigen recieved her master's degree in chemistry from Syracuse University.She eventually worked at Union Carbide.While attending Syracuse a lab accident left Flanigen with third-degree burns on her hands,and she had to spend the rest of the semester in the infirmary. The most famous invention was made in the 1960s which was the microwave lasers.
Microwave lasers delivered the laser powerful beams or something like that. It was important because her colleages realized that her emeralds were gem-quality, and her company also marketed them to jewelry makers. Ms.Flanigen is also known for creating catalysts,molecules that make chemical reactions happen faster and more easily.Her creations lower industrial costs and make manufacturing more environmentally friendly.