Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of BLE
Alexandru Nicu Muntean
March 26, 2013
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Norbert When
Dipl.-Ing. Sebastian Wille Project work What is BLE? Bluetooth 4.0
Bluetooth Low Energy
Bluetooth High Speed Bluetooth enhanced its communication protocol to a state of the art low power technology.
BLE devices = Smart Devices BLE State of the art BLE power reduction technique - Reduce the the Radio activity
- 20mA max current peaks
- LOW Idle power
- SMALL chip packages
- FAST wake-up time Indoor positioning state of the art Pebble watch Myo Wristband Nokia HAIP 9solutions IPCS Key fob with nRF8001 Philips InRange Key fob TI key fob with CC2540 Standalone Arduino compatible BLE development kit BT classic vs
BLE Market research – BLE modules Market research – Turnkey modules BLE Stack Proximity analysis Triangulation and trilateration techniques :
- Time of arrival/Time difference of arrival (ToA/TDoA)
- Angle of Arrival (AoA)
- RSSI: received value is inversely proportional to the square of the distance; implementation is practical and low cost APPLICATION PROCESSOR RESEARCH HW Architecture FW
Architecture IMPLEMENTATION Functional description Outlook Master implementation:
- on Android emulator
- on Windows 8 machine
Read the RSSI.
Link loss analysis with respect to TX. Demonstration Thank you!