Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Content - Based Instruction
Transcript of Content - Based Instruction
It refers to an APPROACH to second language acquisition in which the process of teaching is centred around the CONTENT a student will acquire
1) People learn a second language more successfully when they use the language as a means of acquiring information
2) It better reflects learners` needs for learning a second language
Theory of language
Language is text and Language is
discourse based purposeful
Language use draws on
Theory of learning
Language is the primary
focus in the
Content is the key
point in the
Achievement of content course objectives is considered necessary evidence that language objectives have been achieved as well
It is derived from the content area
Mainly, it is based on interesting topics from a social perspective
They become authonomus
Support other people in the
Producers of content
Interpreters of input
Elicit the knowledge from the students.
They must be knowledgeable in the subject matter
Create truly learner centered classes
CBI has been very used since 1980
It offers unlimited opportunities to teachers and learners
Students learn contents through the target language