Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Halley's Comet By Ravi
Transcript of Halley's Comet By Ravi
2. In ancient times a comet signified bad luck. During the Norman invasion in 1066, as Halley's Comet appeared from seemingly nowhere, one of King Harold's servants told him that this "comet star" may be a sign of God's wrath of King Harold unrightfully claiming the English throne.
4. Halley's Comet is darker than coal, and reflects only 4% of the sunlight it receives. It only shines brightly when it nears the Sun and releases a vapour of shiny ice.
5. American writer Mark Twain was born on November 30th 1835, two weeks after an appearance of Halley's Comet's. In his biography, he stated that he was born with Halley's Comet, and is likely to die with it. Mark Twain died on April 21st 1910 - the day after Halley's Comet reappeared. Mad facts! Ten Facts About Halley's Comet http://www.tenfactsabout.co.uk/081108halleyscomet.htm 10/10/2012
Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halley%27s_comet 10/10/2012
Google Images http://images.google.com.au/search?num=10&hl=fr&site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=889&q=Halley%27s+Comet&oq=Halley%27s+Comet&gs_l=img.3..0l3.1577.6609.0.69188.8.131.52.184.108.40.2065.2255.1j3j4j2.10.0...0.0...1ac.1.IUTeVnYnJoU 10/10/2012 Bibliography What is a Comet? A comet is a chunk of ice, dust, gas and other volatile materials.
When a comet orbits around a star, it begins to melt and creates a "tail". They usually orbit stars in an ellipse.