Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of NIELS BOHR
Life and Career
My full name: Niels Henrik David Bohr
I was born: October 7, 1885
My place of Birth is : Copenhagen, Denmark
My parents are : Christian Bohr, Professor of Philosophy AND Ellen née Adler
My brother is Herald Bohr, Professor in Mathematics
"Niels Bohr: Biography & Atomic Theory." LiveScience.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Sept. 2013. <http://www.livescience.com/32016-niels-bohr-atomic-theory.html>.
What I discovered?
I proposed the Bohr model in 1915 which was not completely correct but it had lots of the actual correct parts of the real atom.
In my model, protons and neutrons occupy the central part of the atom called the nucleus.
I said that electrons orbit around the nucleus in different energy levels much like planets orbit the sun.
-This is the Bohr Model in which the electrons remain orbiting around the nucleus in energy levels.
Liquid Droplet Theory: This theory states that a liquid drop can provide an accurate representation of the nucleus of an atom.
Quantum Theory: This theory states that no matter how an electron is viewed, “all understanding of its properties must be rooted in empirical measurement.”
"Niels Bohr - Biographical." Niels Bohr - Biographical. Nobleprize.org, n.d. Web. 06 Sept. 2013.
• I entered Copenhagen University in 1903
• I became under the guidance of Professor C. Christiansen, a highly respected Physicist
• I got a Master’s Degree in Physics in 1909
• and a Doctor’s Degree in 1911
• Other from my studies, my ideas became more and more theoretical
• I had theoretical piece of work explaining the aid of the electron theory
• This remains to this day a classic on the subject
• I did some experimental work in 1911, under Sir J.J. Thomson’s guidance in Cavendish Laboratory (Cambridge, England)
• In 1912 I worked in Professor Rutherford’s laboratory in Manchester were he intensifies his electron theory
"The Bohr Model." The Bohr Model. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Sept. 2013.