Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Hummingbirds and Ostriches
Transcript of Hummingbirds and Ostriches
-long specialized bills
-long tongues have grooves on sides that lick food.
*13 licks a second
Primarily eat flower nectar, tree sap, insects, and pollen
-Feet are very weak and poorly developed.
-Not used for hopping or walking.
flat iridescent feathers
differentiate between species
-Fast Breathing Rate
-High Body Temperature
1. In what pattern do hummingbirds flap their wings?
2. Where does the name "hummingbird" come from?
3. What are hummingbirds famous for?
4. How fast can an ostrich run regularly?
5. How many toes do ostriches have?
Can fly in every direction.
Wings move in a *Figure 8 Pattern*
Name "hummingbird" comes from the
humming noise the wings make
Wings beat 80 times a second
More comfortable in flight.
Hummingbirds are famous for their aerial displays.
They use this as means of communication bc they do not chirp or sing.
Mainly used in courtship and to show signs of aggression
of the bird species
Built for running
Run regularly at 30 mph
Can reach speed up to 40 mph
Specialized feet with 2 toes and 4 inch claws used for defense
Legs = weapon