Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Child Prostitution
(TheWitness.com) Child Prostitution can and does happen anywhere in the world. Some places are far worse than others. The countries that have the highest rates of child prostitution include: Poverty ranks high as a major factor that forces children to be prostitutes. This is common in poor countries affected by poor economies and wavering politics. In this situation, children voluntarily become prostitutes or their parents force them into prostitution to provide financial needs of the family. Many factors contribute to why a child might become a prostitute such as misery, poverty, unemployment of either the child or the parent, human trafficking, a dysfunctional family environment, deception, poor education, AIDS scare, drug abuse and addiction, incest, rape, early exposure of children to sexual activities, and the internet. Sometimes children are kidnapped and forced into sex slavery and never run away because of fear or lack of confidence. - 10 million children worldwide are engaged in some facet of the sex industry. Each year at least one million children, mostly girls, become prostitutes.
- In Thailand, 10-12 year old girls service men in the sex industry and typically have sex with men 10-15 times daily and sometimes as many as 20-30.
- 300,000 children in the U.S. are at risk every year for commercial sexual exploitation.
-Investigators and researchers estimate the average predator in the U.S. can make more than $200,000 a year off one young girl.
- Children are more susceptible to HIV and AIDS.
- Out of a total population of 60 million people in Thailand, 755,000 are living with HIV/AIDS. The main difference between male child prostitutes and female child prostitutes is that the males usually have a time where they need to find their own sexual identity because of the other male clientele that request sexual acts with little boys. That makes them reconsider their sexual orientation. Child Prostitution is the commercial sexual exploitation of children where a child performs the services of prostitution for financial benefit. The term usually refers to prostitution of a minor or a person legally under the age of maturity. (RaiseTheirVoice.com) Child prostitution is the prostitution of children. But prostitution in general isn't limited to one type of person or race and can happen to virtually anyone. Even some children with missing limbs or deformities are sold for a good profit all around the world and used by pimps and madams. (RaiseTheirVoice.com) -Asia
"Child Prostitution- In a City Near You." Abuse Watch. N.p., 2010. Web. May 2013.
"Child Prostitution in Foreign Countries." UK Essays. N.p., 2003. Web. 01 May 2013.
"Child Prostitution." Raisetheirvoicecom RSS. N.p., 2008. Web. 12 May 2013.
"Frequently Asked Questions." Children of the Night. N.p., 2012. Web. May 2013.
"Prostitution of Children." Ask.com. N.p., 2013. Web. 10 May 2013.
Pusurinkham, Sirirat. "Child Prostitution in Thailand." A Globe of Witnesses. N.p., 2010. Web. 30 Apr. 2013. Most children that are arrested for prostitution aren't usually charged for anything, but are put into homes and organizations to help them. Child prostitutes in Asia and Cambodia All Around the World In Belgium In Iran In Africa They aren't for sale. (StudyMode.com) (TheWitness.com) (Ask.com)