Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Heroin Abuse
- Personal Experiences
- Personal Stories
- What's your story?
Risk for Exposure
-18-25 years old
-Non-hispanic white males
- 45% prior opioid users
-259 million opioid prescriptions
-Safe prescribing practices
-Outcome study approach
-Data collection methods
Heroin Abuse- Robin Garcia, Elizabeth Luerhmann, Emilee Ortlepp
-Mortality- 0.7 to 2.7 per 100,000
-669,000 total heroin users in the U.S with 156,000 new users of heroin.
-Incidence- 23.3% or 233 per 1,000
-Prevalance-2.1 per 1,000
-45% of people addicted to prescription opioids prior to heroin use.
- Stage of Susceptibility
-Prior to exposure
1. Drug Policy Alliance [Internet]. Heroin Facts. [Updated 2015, Accessed 19 October 2015]. Available at http://www.drugpolicy.org/drug-facts/heroin-facts
2. Jones C, Logan J, Gladden R, Bohm M. Vital Signs: Demographic and Substance Use Trends Among Heroin Users - United States, 2002-2013. MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report [Internet]. (2015, July 10), [cited October 19, 2015]; 64(26): 719-725 7p. Available from: CINAHL Plus with Full Text.
3. Centers for Disease Control. Today’s Heroin Epidemic. Vital Signs [Internet]. (2015), [cited October 19, 2015]; Available from http://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/heroin/