Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Monopoly
- One seller, any number of buyers none. usually a unique product or service Control of the Market Price - A monopolist controls the price of a product. The seller has full control of the price. Market Structures MONOPOLY Market Entry Easy or Difficult? - Difficult. Seller has complete control of entry. Ex: ownership, government barrier, large economy of scale Non price competition - No price competition since seller can raise or lower the price. Examples - DeBeers diamond company of South Africa, Microsoft, Hotels, Telephone Service used to be one, public water (natural monopoly) Economies of scale - As output increases from zero, shortage cost of each good drops In some cases, the monopolist may be able to divide consumers into two or more groups and charge a diff. price. by : Andrew Ngo, Olya Grynyshyn, Justin Zhang Variety of Goods? Price Discrimination - no, there is no non price competition since there is a single seller