Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Fact or Fib ?
Transcript of Fact or Fib ?
Scientific notation is a method of writing very large and very small numbers.
Fact or Fib ?
uses the scientific notation method to illustrate big numbers.
A number in scientific notation has to be greater or equal to 1 but less than 10 and it has to have a base of 10.
For example, 1.2*10^3.
It is easier for pilots to see their altitude by using the scientific notation rather than the standard notation.
Its a Fib because bankers
write money in scientific
notation. Because they just write it the
way it appears. For instance, a banker
would write 1 million as 1,000,000, whereas,
a Chemist would write it as 1 x 10^6.