Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Best Practices @ Brandman - The Basics
Transcript of Best Practices @ Brandman - The Basics
iDEAL Assessment for Design & Instruction
Learning-centered rather than teacher-centered.
Using technology to enhance and activate the learning experience.
Combining synchronous and asynchronous instructional opportunities with independent and collaborative online learning.
What is the DEAL?
Motivation is Internal
iDeal & the Adult Learner:
Quality (does) Matter.
What necessitated the creation of the iQ Tool?
Peer Review Process
Rubric for Online & Blended Courses
Used in nearly 500 universities, K-12 & other academic institutions.
How/why did Brandman choose QM?
courses with QM.
courses with QM.
How do Course Custodians & Developers work with the Instructional Designer?
1. Course Overview and Introduction
2. Learning Objectives (Competencies)
3. Assessment and Measurement
4. Instructional Materials
5. Learner Interaction and Engagement
6. Course Technology
7. Learner Support
Transparent Continuous Improvement
Assessment that Informs Development
Unbiased, shared language, ongoing "conversations."
designing, constructing, planning, producing, inventing, devising, making
interpreting, summarizing, inferring, paraphrasing, classifying, comparing, explaining, exemplifying
implementing, carrying out, using, executing
comparing, organizing, deconstructing, attributing, outlining, finding, structuring, integrating
recognizing, listing, describing, identifying, retrieving, naming, locating, finding
checking, hypothesizing, critiquing, experimenting, judging, testing, detecting, monitoring