Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Emerson's "Nature"
Finish Emerson's Aphorisms Graphic Organizer
Is it important to you to connect with the natural world? Are you someone who prefers the city to the forest or the forest to the city? How does being in nature make you feel?
Read and Discuss:
As we read, think about how this essay addresses Emerson's injunction to "trust thyself."
How does this essay address Emerson's injunction to "trust thyself?"
Be prepared to share:
An insightful response answering the question
Textual evidence from the essay to support your group's claims (at least two quotes!)
Take notes of the main points of your group discussion: these will be collected
On-Demand Writing Prompt
Writer Henry James argued that Emerson had no concept of the evil that exists in teh world. In James's words, it was "a side of life as to which Emerson's eyes were thickly bandaged...He had no great sense of wrong...no sense of the dark, the foul, the base." In your opinion, is this a valid criticism of Emerson? Citing evidence, explain why or why not.