Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of HOBSONS BAY
WORLD MIGRATORY BIRD DAY!
The migration of the tiny Red-necked Stint covers thousands of kilometres: they nest in the Siberian tundra, The red necked stint then migrates south.
Many then extend their journey, flying across the harsh interior of Australia until they reach the shores of the southern coastline. And then in six months’ time they do it all again, in reverse — not a bad feat for a bird weighing little more than a box of matches.
Migrating south they stop off at the muddy shores of the Yellow Sea to refuel, before continuing on to northern Australia to breed.