Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Scenario 11; 8th Amendment
Transcript of Scenario 11; 8th Amendment
Why was this Amendment created?
This amendment was created to protect people so they didn't have to pay a lot of fines and bail money. In the old days people had very unusual punishments inflicted on them. Like if you stole something you got your hands cut off.
How does this amendment apply to us today?
People today do not want to get there hands cut off for hunting on someone elses land. People today are less cruel and more humane.
This scenario represents the 8th Amendment because death by starvation is an unusual punishment
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted