Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of new oases
Stata Center is a hybrid space used to help student and faculty meet and collaborate.
Bryan park in the New York is a customizable place but also a charming garden where people spend their time.
the Author called those two places " Third places"
the third place was build by big business.
the third place had a problem because it become a places where people were just busy with their work.
A solution was found by the owner of the third places
the third places changed cities.
background reading o1.
Frank Gehry is one of the most famous architects in the world. He has designed museums, concert halls, and university buildings, including the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain, the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, California and the Strata Center at the renowned Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the U. S., which is described in this article. This unusual building was designed to help students and faculty meet and collaborate while also meeting the needs of a modern university. The departments based in the Stata Center include computer science, artificial intelligence, genetics, and linguistics.
the text present some example of the new architecture and the old one, how architects make new invention that can radically transform the world in shape,color and socialization. as the text said,the third places has change the way people were living.
1. What public places do you spend time in ? and why?
2.paragraph 3-4, how did the author compare the architecture in the 20th century and the new architecture? how can you connect it in the current life?
3.what can you infer from the paragraph 7 about people who live in the suburbs? give an evidence from the text to support your inference.
4.paragraph 9,state that the third place was "Physically inhabited but psychologically evacuated" what does it mean ?
5. paragraph 10, what kind of solution was found to deal with the new third place' problem?what do you think about the solution? would you go to a place with this same practice? why or why not?
the intended audience of this article is a general public but educated and well read-audience because the purpose is to inform us how thing are getting better ( invention)