Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Social media is...
Transcript of Social media is...
24% are 35-49 yrs 50 million members 4 billion images 14 million articles
written by people like you and me 57 million users Shifting to younger groups the web Ubiquitous According to PewInternet: 56% of Americans have accessed the internet wirelessly - via laptop, cell phone, MP3 player or game console. 61% of Americans get their news from the internet.
Only 54% listen to the news.
Only 50% read a newspaper. Talking
Engaging Be human
Engage Expected Social media is... Personal “At Twitter, mobile is in our DNA … For us, it’s all about mobile, and it always has been.”
– Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter “Whether something brings them joy or pain, when people share and engage in communities, they form bonds and relationships with others who acknowledge their situation.”
– Liana Evans, from post on Search Engine Watch “Social networks aren’t about Web sites.
They’re about experiences.”
– Mike DiLorenzo,
NHL social media marketing director “Quit counting fans, followers and blog subscribers like bottle caps. Think, instead, about what you’re hoping to achieve with and through the community that actually cares about what you’re doing.” – Amber Naslund, Social Media Today “You can be professional while also ‘keeping it real’ with your customers. By interacting with customers in a less formal way, you’ll build a strong human connection that helps build brand loyalty.”
-David Hauser, co-founder of Grasshopper “Today people don’t trust companies. One of the things marketers want to do is to humanize their brand. What better way to do it than put a live person in front of them?”
– Jackie Huba, author