Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of MAPLE
BY JASMIEN AND LISA
- The first group to identify maple sap were the Native Americans
-The Native Americans were the first to recognize the sap as a source of energy and nutrition
- The Natives used tomahawks to make v shaped incisions in the trees
- they would insert reeds into the tree to collect the sap into the buckets made of birch bark
- Due to equipment, the sap was concentrated so they used to get hot rocks and put it in the sap and left it overnight
- The first white settlers introduced wooden buckets to the process
now Lisa will talk about...
-In Ontario there is a Maple Industry called the OMSPA short form for Ontario Maple Syrup Producers Association
-The OMSPA (Ontario maple syrup producers association) was formed in 1966
-It was used to present maple syrup producers across the province
- Ontario maple syrup producers produced approximately 2.2 Million liters of maple syrup, valued at $32,559 Million
- Industry is found on 275 County Road Kemptville in Ontario
- There are 16,000 maple syrup producers in North America alone!
- 80% of producers are in Canada!!
Now Lisa will be talking about...
Other regions the Industry is found
Industry growth or shrinkage
-In the future global warming will be more noticeable in the winter and spring
-changing climate impacts the health of sugar maple trees and the maple producer's ability to harvest the sap.
- The days would get get either really warm cause of Global Warming or weather being too cold
How Produce is used
Here is a video on How Maple Syrup is made
video made by: HOW ITS MADE (discovery channel)
-The Industry is shrinking
- Shrinking because either getting to
warm or too cold
- Slowing down maple production
Province of Ontario, Canada: 400,000 gallons harvested.
Province of New Brunswick, Canada: 300,000 gallons harvested.
Province of Nova Scotia, Canada: 22, 000 gallons harvested.
Province of Quebec, Canada: 7, 989,000 gallons harvested.
Vermont, USA: 890,000 gallons harvested
New York, USA: 312,000 gallons harvested
- Maple syrup is a natural sweetener other than honey
- In other places trees are being cut down due to population increase building houses building factories etc.
Maple produce is used in making: maple sap
-The Industry production is increasing and decreasing a lot of times
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING HOPE YOU ENJOYED!
Special Tech associated with Maple Industry:
- the maple industry uses are iPhones wireless networks and sensors
- they use these to make sure the tubes to collect the maple syrup isn't leaking
- instead of buckets they use polyethylene tubes
- the tubes go into the pumping station