Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Malayan Tiger
- Many countries have passed laws that outlaw the hunting of Malayan tigers and the selling of tiger products.
- Sadly, poaching laws are tough to enforce.
- There are programs that are helping farmers to build more secure cattle sheds, which has greatly reduced livestock predation.
- This can be costly. Works Cited MALAYAN TIGERS Habitat Conservation
- Measures are being taken to ensure that connectivity is being maintained between forest areas to protect the habitats of Malayan tigers.
- Still, logging and road construction continue to restrict the habitats of the tigers. Long, Barney. "Malayan Tiger." WWF. World
Wildlife Fund, n.d. Web. 20 May 2013.
"Malayan Tiger." Sedgwick County Zoo. Sedgwick
County Zoo, n.d. Web. 20 May 2013. Common name: Malayan Tiger Scientific name: Panthera tigris jacksoni Diet: wild boar, deer, sun bear, weak baby elephants, swine, antelopes Predators: humans, authorities, angry villagers Lifespan: 15 to 20 years Gestation: about 3.5 months Litter size: about 3 to 4 cubs are born Solitary/group: Solitary; female with cubs form groups "The Malayan Tiger." Tigers. Web. 25 May 2013. <http://www.tigers.org.za/malayan-tiger.html#.UaFvJUBQE55>. "Tiger." WWF. Web. 25 May 2013. <http://www.wwf.org.my/about_wwf/what_we_do/species_main/tiger/>. "Behavior & Ecology." Tiger, Panthera tigris. Web. November 2009. 25 May 2013. <http://library.sandiegozoo.org/factsheets/tiger/tiger.htm#behavior>. -Villagers have killed these animals out of anger for killing their livestock. Angry Villagers Habitat Loss Poachers -Poachers have killed off Malayan Tigers since they are "high demand in Asian markets for use as folk medicine and as a sign of wealth." "Malayan Tiger." WWF. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 May 2013. <http://worldwildlife.org/species/malayan-tiger>. Where is it? Current population: 500 individuals Historic population: ~ 900 (2000) *Subspecies of Indochinese Tiger <-- pop. dropped by more than 70% since 2000.