Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
Digital Literacy A Hard Day's Night, Beatles For Sale-1964 The Beatles were very organized, clean shaved, and were more like gentlemen as Musicians when they first came out. When they released their first album in 1963, it was phenomenal and a big success that was different from all other types of music genre's and styles. This was the start of music history being changed in no way other. The Beatles made another success with their second main album, "With the Beatles". They still had the same style and rhythm but were getting more popular and heard around. They appeared live on the Ed Sullivan's show in February 1963, consisting of over 73 million viewers. "A Hard Day's Night" was another success for the breathtaking band from Liverpool, The Beatles. They released the movie and album in 1964.
They also released the album "The Beatles For Sale'' They were creating the same type of music but slowly improving in lyrics and instruments. The Middle Years The Beatles were getting more musical and creative with every album they were making. They released the album and movie titled "Help!" in 1965 and Rubber Soul was released also in late 1965. This demonstrated that they were combining new instruments, techniques, and different styles. They gave a live show at Shea Stadium that year also. They had significantly increased in fans and buyers up to this point. They were selling 3 million albums per month. The Beatles announced in 1966 that they were officially done touring and performing live shows. John wanted to have more time creating albums and improving in making music. They released "Revolver" in 1966 and it contained psychedelic rock and a new genre of music. New instruments they were using were percussion instruments such as the tambourine, violin, shakers, flute etc. They used backwords instruments on one of their songs creating a weird but exciting brand new sound. John, Paul, George, and Ringo were all getting older, exploring their musical talents. Continuing the artistic maturation seen on the band's album Revolver (1966), Sgt. Pepper further departed from the conventional pop rock idiom of the time and incorporated balladry, psychedelic, music hall, and symphonic influences
During the Sgt. Pepper sessions, the group improved upon the quality of their music's production while exploring experimental recording techniques. Producer George Martin's innovative approach included the use of an orchestra. Widely acclaimed and imitated, the album cover, designed by English pop artists Peter Blake and Jann Haworth, was inspired by a sketch by Paul McCartney that depicted the band posing in front of a collage of some of their favorite celebrities. The White Album The Beatles started recording with a man named Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from India in early 1968. The band then started to get in fights and arguments, for two tracks Paul had to play drums because Ringo left for a while. This was showing that the revolutionary group was fading apart... Abbey Road Abbey Road was the groups last album before Let It Be. Let It Be was the groups last album released but Abbey Road was their last recording sessions together. Many rumors went around that the group broke up because Johns wife interrupted their sessions and progress as a band and others said that they ran out of ideas, the truth is...The Beatles songs weren't theirs anymore, they were everybody's. Let It Be The Beatles were coming to an end, John was focused more on his wife Yoko Ono and the other band members were annoyed, frustrated and fed up with each other. Let It Be and the movie was released in 1969. During the 70's, bets were made for them to regroup and get back together. In 1980 John Lennon was murdered and all hopes were lost.... Research Process 1. I chose my topic because I always pick The Beatles whenever there's a project available.
2. I picked my resources by already knowing the history of them, I've been researching them for a
3. I used Prezi because I found this software more interesting then all the others. It jazzed my information up tremendously.
4. I learned nothing new except that John never passed away, he just went to Strawberry Fields Forever. Google Images That's mostly it because I really used my history and experience with them from the past. John Lennon John Lennon was an English Musician, Singer, and Songwriter. He arose fame around the world in the 1960"s with participation in the rock band, The Beatles. After the break up in 1970, John continued life with his dear wife, Yoko Ono. They were perfect together because they both were peace activist's. Lennon was murdered in 1980 by a crazed fan, he was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1987 and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994.