Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Storytelling
Passages in the book
Ogbuefi Ezeudu, an elder who knows many stories. It is important for people to pay attention to him beaucse he is very wise. The narrator tells many stories as well.
Storytelling is a
The Significance of Storytelling
Storytelling is one of the most important factors in the writing of "Things Fall Apart". When the storyteller sometimes talks in Okonkwo's point of view, it changes the interpretation of what is going on. Someone who has been through a situation will tell a story in a whole different light than someone who witnesses the situation from the outside.
1.Ogbuefi Ezeudu talked about how the punishment for breaking peace during the Week of Peace was much more strict. Because of this, we know that punishmets were more cruel in the past in the tribe of Umofia.(p. 31, 18-26)
2. The narrator told a short story about Ekwefi and how "Okonkwo had won her heart by throwing the Cat in the greatest contest within living memory." This part of the book was about Ekwefi. This tells us that Okonkwo is determined.(p. 39, 27-29)
3. There is another story about Unoka, Okonkwo's father. Note this pasage because it gives us a lot of past information on a chacter in the book. Since this passage was in the very beginning of the book, it is just an introduction. (p. 4, 11)