Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CTFF II presentation
Keith Symingtonon 10 July 2013
Transcript of CTFF II presentation
Coral Triangle Fishers Forum II
June 18-20, 2012
WWF Coral Triangle Programme
WWF global initiative to help deliver on the Coral Triangle Initiative Regional Plan of Action
Fisheries in Transition (FIT)
Fisheries best practices
Fisheries Improvement Projects (FIPs)
Promote MSC certification
Seafood Savers (B2B)
CTFF - what is it?
- Inspired by IFF
- Consensus-based body...inform ongoing CTFF advocacy
- Peer-to-peer solutions
- New ideas, innovation
- Scaling up / New partnerships
- Bring recommendations to bear (to decision-makers)
- Biennial meetings
- Monitoring progress re: commitments, pledges, collaborative projects / CTFF web portal
- Consensus recommendations on bycatch best practices
- Supported by over a dozen fishing companies, associations, suppliers and retailers
- Bycatch "transition plan" (longlines)...some new policy measures with national governments
- Fed into RFMO bycatch advocacy (bycatch CMMs)
- New partnerships / FIPs
CTFF II - "IUU and Traceability"
Case studies and lessons learned:
- paint the broad picture
- then what can be linked to traceability?
Focus on tangible outcomes related to the role of traceability in addressing IUU
1. Action Plan
2. Call to Action
1. CTFF Roadmap
2. CTFF support function
How can fisherfolks and other stakeholders plug in to IUU programs?