Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Prezi on Android OS
Transcript of Prezi on Android OS
1. Introduction to Android OS
2. Evolution of Android
3. Android Architecture
4. Components of Android
5. How competitive in the market
6. Material Design Concept
7. Build a simple App in Android with Eclipse IDE
History & Introduction to Android OS
* Android is Linux based OS for mobile devices and Tablets such as smart phones and tablet comupters
* Android is specially developed for Applications and there are more than 5 lak apps in Google Play store.
*Android OS is open source
*Android, Inc. Found in Palo alto in California US by Andy Rubin [Oct- 2007]
* Google acquired Android, Inc. [Aug- 2005]
* The OHA (Open Handset Alliance), a group of several companies was formed [Nov-2007]
* Android Beta SDK released [Nov- 2007]
Evolution of Android
Android 1.0 23 Sep 08
Android 1.1 9 Feb 09
Android 1.5 (Cupcake) 30 April 09
Android 1.6 (Donut) 15 Sep 09
Android 2.0 (Éclair) 26 Oct 09
Android 2.2 (Froyo) 20 May 10
Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) 6 Dec 10
Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) 10 May 11
Android 4.0 (Ice cream sandwich) 19 Octr 11
Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) 13 July 12
Android 4.4 (KitKat) 31 Oct 13
Android 5.0 (Lollipop) 3 Nov 14
How competitive in the market
Material Design Concept
Google's Material Design in Lollipop
Introduction to Android OS
Thanks for your time,
Have a good day !!
* In Material Design lot of new things were introduced like Material Theme, new widgets, custom shadows, vector drawable s and custom animations
* The material environment is a
3D space, which means all objects have
x, y, and z dimensions
includes more specs for
laying out actions and content
contains additional layout guidance
adds guidance around label content and more
complete sizing specs
adds guidance for overlapping
includes responsive layout guidance, grids, breakpoints, and pattern
Additional significant content updates include
Elevation and shadows
has been renamed from “Objects in 3D space,” adding new details about elevation changes
describes easing terms in more detail
Floating Action Button has been moved into its own section, adding new details about behavior.
UI component typically corresponding to one screen
• An activity is a single, focused thing that the user can do
– Equivalent to Frame or Window in GUI tool kits
• Subclass of Activity – class
• One app may have one or several activities
• Each activity is given a default window to draw in
• Window consists of views (widgets)
A facility for the application to tell the system about
something it wants to be doing in the background
- background music
- fetching data over network.
- file i/o
Activity may be frozen when user moves to another Activity.
Service can go on in the background
Enable applications to share data.
• A content provider makes a specific set of the application's data
available to other applications
• Share data to other apps
• Any app with appropriate permission, can read and write the data.
Broad Cast Receivers
Components of Android
* The architecture is based on the Linux2.6 kernel.
* This layer is core of android architecture. It provides service like power management, memory management, security etc.
* It helps in software or hardware binding for better communication.
*Android has its own libraries, which is written in C/C++. These libraries cannot be accessed directly. With the help of application framework, we can access these libraries. There are many libraries like web libraries to access web browsers, libraries for android and video formats etc.
Android Run Time
* The Android Run time was designed specifically for Android to meet the needs of running in an embedded environment where you have limited battery, limited memory, limited CPU.
* Dalvik is the process virtual machine in Google's android operating system. It is the software that runs the apps on android devices.
Dalvik is thus an integral part of android
,which is typically used on mobile devices such as mobile phones and tablet computers.
Programs are commonly written in java and compiled to byte code.
Application Frame Work
* Activity manager:-It manages the life cycle of applications. It enable proper management of all the activities. All the activities are controlled by activity manager.
* Resource manager:-It provides access to non-code resources such as graphics etc.
* Notification manager:-It enables all applications to display custom alerts in status bar.
* Location manager:- It fires alerts when user enters or leaves a specified geographical location.
* Package manager:-It is use to retrieve the data about installed packages on device.
* Window manager:-It is use to create views and layouts.
* Telephony manager:-It is use to handle settings of network connection and all information about services on device.
* The final layer on top is Applications.
* It includes the home application the contacts application , the browser, and apps.
* It is the most upper layer in android architecture.
* All the applications like camera, Google maps, browser, sms, calendars, contacts are native applications.
*These applications works with end user with the help of application framework to operate.
* A broadcast receiver is a component that does
nothing but receive and react to broadcast announcements
* Our app can Receive and react to system services (example: battery low)
*Receive and react to other apps broadcast announcements
* Initiate broadcasts to other apps
* App is given fixed amount of time to react on the broadcast! (10 secs!)