Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Muscular System
There are many muscles in the system.
Here are some of them.
composed of 600 muscles
1/2 of your bodies weight is muscle
muscles can pull but never push
What it is and Does
it is responsible for all of the movement in your body
it helps you walk, run, jump, blink, swallow, and speak
Muscles never push because the origin is relatively immoveable
but they do contract and relax
consisting of 650 muscles the muscular system is 1/2 or 50% of the bodies weight.
By: Jacob G. and Rebekah
4. latissimus dorsi
6. latissimus dorsi
7. latissimus dorsi
9. biceps brachii
10. biceps brachii
11. triceps brachii
12. triceps brachii
13. biceps brachii
14. biceps brachii
15. biceps brachii
17. triceps brachii
29. gastrocnemius (calf muscle)
30. Achilles tendon
Hypertrophy and Atrophy
Hypertrophy is the enlargement of an organ or tissue from the increase in size of its cells.
Atrophy is the wasting of loss or muscle tissue.
A organ system is an group of organs that work together to preform a specific function.