Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of WAD_Literature Review
MA TEFL 2012 WAD
Bilkent University 1. How to search and review the literature effectively
2. Writing the "Literature Review Chapter"
3. Synthesizing the literature 1.Effective Literature
Search 2. Writing the Literature Review The body Not too complicated! Summary Types of Sources:
Online the introduction
the summary Introduction Use headings
Use transitions "a. organize your material in a funnel
b. be selective
c. make an outline
d. write the introduction
e. use headings
f. use transitions
g. write a summary
h. be careful not to plagiarize"
(Lunenberg&Irvy, 2008:143) Search engines
Indexing Services Brief introduction (1-3 parag.)
Describe the scope and organization of the review
Sequence of the review (Advance Organizer) Research problem + key variables "What you told the audience" "The summary provides an overview of the historical, theoretical, and empirical literature that supports your investigation"
(Lunenberg&Irby, 2008:152) Synthesizing the literature "Keleş found..." "Tığlı argues..." "Özkul claims... "Müftüoğlu says..." "Ortaçtepe stated... "Yetkin found..." Historical context
Gaps in the literature
Trends and themes
Reporting practical significance
Reconciling conflicting theories
Continuing line of inquiry How to synthesize? Thanks for listening... Library
Handbooks and Encyclopedias