Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Chapter 8: Printmaking part two
Transcript of Chapter 8: Printmaking part two
A surface (planographic) process whereby an image is created on a limestone "plate". Modern lithography is sometimes done on aluminum plates whose surface mimics the traditional limestone. Lithography is based on the concept that oil and water do not mix.
Thomas Hart Benton
Thomas Hart Benton was an American painter and muralist. Along with Grant Wood and John Steuart Curry, he was at the forefront of the Regionalist art movement. He created many lithographs during his career.
Screen printing is a printing technique whereby a mesh is used to transfer ink onto a substrate, except in areas made impermeable to the ink by a blocking stencil
an American artist who was a leading figure in the visual art movement known as pop art. He is best known for his silkscreen prints of celebrities and also for his silkscreens of every day objects