Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Ghost Story
Technology is limiting our face to face contact.
Technology could still have hidden consequences. Topic Question This essay is about how someone could be dead for two years and not be noticed because of technology. It is also about the disadvantages of technology, and how there may be more to come, such as very limited actual communication. how is technology affecting human communication? facts about technology and how it affects us - 4/5 teens carry a wireless device
- 57% of all teens view there cell phones as the key to there social life
-if texting were no longer an option 47% of teens say their social life would end or be worsened
- 3 in 10 teens text more then 100 times daily
- Most of us can't spell correctly these days and this is because of Spell checking.
- almost 1.6 billion people have access to technology
- virtual communication is a poor substitute for meaningful, face-to-face interaction
- 160 billion emails are sent daily, 97% of which are spam
-Google handles about 1 billion searches per day
-People view 15 billion videos online every month Hypothesis People are becoming more dependent on technological things like texting, Email, and automated banking. (In the case of Jim Sulkers.) Data- analyzed This data proves that most people are using technology to the point where losing it could drastically alter how they socialize with other people. This also means that new technologies like electronic banking have created a system in which it"s possible to become so physically disengaged from the world that your life can effectively go on with out you. Conclusion As people use more technology like the internet, they will become more dependent on it. By: Ethan Godden