Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Niyam Dharma
Catskills 1986 - six niyams
1. Attend sabha regularly.
2. Do daily Puja to help keep a regular rapport with Maharaj and Swamishri.
3. Study Hard. We are at present at the prime of our educational era. Studying and regular reading helps us to obtain a clearer understanding of the world.
4. Dismiss bad company for it is bad company that leads us off the road to liberation and to a dead end. By mixing with a kusang crowd, we are lured away from the Satsang family and pushed into going to parties, garbas, eating out, watching movies, etc.
5. “Maatru devo bhava, Pitru devo bhava.” Respect your mother and father as you respect God. Your parents were your first gurus, they taught you right from wrong. Satsang is also our family.
6. Satsang reading to develop a more firm background in the knowledge of our sanstha. This also helps us to get rid of our doubts and makes us more educated in what we believe in.
-“One who has faith in God coupled with the knowledge of his greatness never disobeys the words of God; he does as God says.”
Niyams are the only way to maintain satsang when we have no physical attachment to it. It’s our bond when all else fails.
Why Niyams? Living Right
- Aarti-Bhagubhai of Radhu
-Tilak Chandlo-Driving car in Nairobi
‘That one who abides by these rules will enjoy happiness in this world.’
“For the sake of God and the Sant, one who has faith in God and His Sant coupled with the knowledge of their greatness would renounce his family, renounce any fear of public ridicule, renounce his kingdom, renounce pleasure, renounce wealth, renounce his wife, and in the case of a woman, she would renounce her husband.”
Conviction during Temptation
Don't get lost